Saturday, June 4, 2011

How to make Raw Almond Milk from Almond Butter



Today I’m making almond milk using almond butter. This is the lazy man’s or should I say woman’s almond butter.

This will be rich in enzymes and oh so yummy. You can even make it chocolate by adding some ground cocoa.

I have 2 types of almond butter and let me start by saying that it must be RAW almond butter it will not work with roasted butters. I have Raw Organic Almond butter that set me back $23.99 for a pint (ouch) and I have non organic Raw Almond Butter that was on sale for $6.99. Buy which ever you like, they will both work.

To make 1 cup use 1 Heaping Tbls Raw Almond Butter, 1 cup of water, dash of vanilla and a pinch of sea salt. If you think you’ll like it a bit sweeter add a date or some raw honey.



Super easy, throw it all in a blender and blend until smooth. You can use as is or drain it through a nut bag. I like it as is.

You can use this in just about any way that you can use cow’s milk. It’s a great base for smoothies. I like it blended with a banana and some cocoa with ice it comes out just like a milk shake. You can use it on cereal, drink it plain, in coffee or tea, soups or cream sauces you name it. Enjoy!

I could not figure out how to upload a .MOV video to this blog so here is the link for the video on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-rwyeLullE

No comments:

Post a Comment