Sunday, November 21, 2010

Veterans Day 5K Midpoint Madness 2010


Okay, here it is my second 5K of the season and guess what? My time was not as good as last time. :-( Not to make excuses but I had a real hard time breathing, I'm wondering if maybe I don't suffer from some sort of asthma or something. Sometimes I feel like I'm breathing through a cloth and I have to breath deep and cough to clear things out. Gross I know. Anyway another thing to put on my to do list, check out more info regarding asthma.

This race was run over the Midpoint Bridge, hence the madness. It was a night time race which was nice. I could see the moonlight reflecting in the water as I huffed over the bridge. At one point I had to walk for a minute and out of my mouth popped "Holy Shit". Getting over the crest of the bridge was glute burner for sure. Once I realized that I had actually expressed those words out loud I looked around to see if anyone heard my exclaim and a man about my age maybe bit younger shook his head and just said "I agree" we both gave a low effort chuckle and trudged on.

I ended up with a time of 37:18 giving me a pace of 12:01. That's 2 lousy seconds slower per mile than last time. If I wouldn't have take the time to stop and cuss I probably would have met my last time. See what happens??? That'll learn me. (said with a twang) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment